Levy information and retail pool
Levy class limits
Following consultation, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) set a limit on the amount that can be levied on each funding class in a year, by reference to what each class can be expected to afford in a year.
The current levy limits are:
- Deposits: £1,500m.
- General Insurance Provision: £600m.
- Life & Pensions Provision: £690m.
- Deposit Acceptors: £105m (only if the retail pool is triggered).
- Debt Management: £20m.
- Funeral Plans £5m.
- General Insurance Distribution: £410m (including provider contributions of £100m)*.
- Home Finance Intermediation: £55m (including provider contributions of £15m)*.
- Investment Provision: £200m.
- Life Distribution & Investment Intermediation (LDII): £330m (including provider contribution of £90m)*.
* Provider contributions: Since 1 April 2019, product providers are required to contribute approximately 25% of the levies falling to the related FCA intermediation classes (General Insurance Distribution, LDII and Home Finance Intermediation).
Read our article about how we forecast the levy.